Thu, Sep 24|
Palmyra United Methodist Church
Protecting Your Children: Advice From Child Molesters
Few child sexual offenders are caught because they work just as hard to deceive adults as they do to seduce and silence their victims. Attend this free workshop to learn how they fool us and what we can do about it!
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Palmyra United Methodist Church, 14170 Greene St NE, Palmyra, IN 47164, USA
About the event
* Extent of the problem – who the sex offenders are and why they molest children.
* Common seduction, manipulation and “grooming” tactics used by sex offenders.
* Talking to children about abuse and people with “secret touching problems.”
* Practical child and family rules for safety.
* Responding to child sexual abuse disclosures and reporting child abuse.
Presented By: Comfort House Child Advocacy Center, Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, and Indiana State Police
COVID-19 Information: Due to state mandates, seating will be socially distanced, and masks will be required when social distancing of at least 6' is not possible.
WARNING: This workshop incorporates videotaped interviews with convicted sex offenders and graphic discussions about sexual crimes and child abuse. Participants with a personal history of abuse are encouraged to have support people available following the presentation. Children and teens will not be admitted.